Mudcraft is about crafting a life from the soil. It is about growing and creating, both as a community and in our individual connections to ourselves and to nature.
Throughout this series of events, we will learn dependable skills for building healthy soil, food security, intentional community, natural structures to live in, and so much more. Events will include immersive educational workshops, music by local artists, creative discussions, collaborative meals, and camping at Gobble-Berry Farmstead, a permaculture-based homestead, stewarded by the Somerville family, located in Amelia, VA.
This series of events will center around hands-on learning natural building, specifically building a structure using straw bale and cob. Our June event will feature a two-part Intro to Wood Framing workshop with Elisha Somerville, which will invite participants to gain experience and confidence in both conventional stud framing and roundwood timber framing methods.
The event begins Saturday, June 3rd, at 10 am with the Intro to Wood Framing workshop, and ends Sunday, June 4th at noon. All attendees are welcome to camp on site at any of our designated camping areas.
A full schedule and details on music and other workshops will be announced soon!
- Please bring your own lunch for Saturday!
- Saturdays dinner will be a collaborative meal, and we will be making a pot luck style stir fry! Rice and black beans will be provided as a base, but please bring veggies and protein ingredients to share that can either be cooked or re-heated on site. We have a large fridge and several outdoor cooking sites that can be used for meal prep.
- A breakfast bar of sprouted oatmeal will be provided on Sunday morning.
- Water is available on site, but please bring your own water bottle!
Accessibility is important to us! Tickets for this event are priced PER VEHICLE, no matter the size of the vehicle. This is both to encourage carpooling and to reduce the cost of tickets for individuals. Please bring your friends, or let us know if youve got extra space to give others a ride! Otherwise, just leave a note to let us know how many people will be attending for every vehicle ticket.
What to bring:
- A water bottle
- Sturdy boots and gloves, if you intend to participate in the building workshops
- Sun protection
- Camping gear, if you intend to stay the night (car camping is welcome, too!)
- Stir fry ingredients to share (see Meals section for details)
- A packed lunch for Saturday
Guidelines for attendance at Gobble-Berry:
- Zero-waste is our goal! Please plan on packing out any trash you produce while on-site. Reusable dishes and utensils are available in our community kitchen.
- Friendly dogs are welcome, but please keep them on a leash at all times!
- Please be safe and attentive around fire! (Besides bon fires, we will be using fire for cooking and heating the wood-fired hot tub.)
- Please be responsible and mindful of others in the use of legal substances.
- Be kind, always! <3
In the event that we get rained out, the event will be moved to the following weekend, June 10-11. Tickets purchased for June 3-4 will be considered valid for rain dates or any consecutive events.
Gobble-Berry Farmstead (Ver)
9350 South Amelia Avenue
Amelia Courthouse, VA 23002
|Apropiado para niños: Sí|
|Se aceptan perros: Sí|
|No fumar: No|
|Accesible a silla de ruedas: No|